Saturday, May 5, 2018

Hooked on a Feelin'!

It's been a while since I've posted here, quite honestly I'd forgotten I even have a blog...  
But this was too fun not share right away! 
The movie schedule has been kicking my butt lately, and putting a halt to all of my personal projects... until today, that is! 

I've posted before about my love of the Guardians of the Galaxy movies, props, and characters so this project has been a long time coming. Audrey and I have both been collecting props and costume pieces for well over a year. And today we finally did something about it!


My filming schedule has been PACKED in the last few weeks, so I am sooo happy to have found some down-time on my day off to take a few pictures with my favorite gal... more than 150, to be exact!
We took all of our photos in the lowest level of the parking deck at the Georgian Terrace Hotel in Atlanta, where I'm staying for the duration of Goosebumps 2 shoot. 
You've got to work with what you've got!


I haven't had much time for "ME" projects in a month or so but our Groot prop was a quick and easy $5 project. I found quite a few Walmart Exclusive Vol. 2 Groot figures on a sale aisle and finally nabbed him after a year of (not so) patiently waiting for him to get discounted. A few coats of paint and a roll of paper towels later he's looking much more wooden (in a good way) and was a neat little addition to our pictures!


We are both thrilled with how this project turned out, (although Audrey will probably be washing green paint out of her hair for the next few months...) 
We filmed Audrey's FULL two and a half hour make-up process and will be posting a time-lapse video of that in the very near future. .
 I'm sure I'll put some more pics and video out, too... whenever there's time...
Can't wait for our next set of photos, which we are already plotting, and should be coming along very VERY shortly...

More soon, 
Avery

No comments:

Post a Comment