Sunday, March 10, 2019

Captain Marvel!


The general grossness and overwhelming negativity filling every comment thread surrounding this film has made it very clear that I am not supposed to like it.
I like to be well-informed, so I looked into the multiple reasons why I should not spend my hard-earned Man Cash on a ticket... Apparently, this propaganda-laced film supports a strong feminist agenda, dares to suggest that woman and minorities can carry a story themselves, AND, to top it all off, the leading lady doesn't smile enough. 
Despite all of the warnings from my fellow men, and at the risk of having my Man Card revoked, I decided to take the gamble I paid my dollars late Thursday night, and here's the deal: I loved it! 
As hard as I've tried, I still can't see where all the hate is coming from... The characters are interesting and sympathetic, the action sequences are excellent, the comedy is solid, and there are more than enough easter eggs and cameos to make die-hard Marvel nerds happy.
If you're into Marvel, go see it.
If you like hero stories, go see it.
If you enjoy movies, go see it.
Don't listen to the fedoras on the internet.

More soon,
Avery

No comments:

Post a Comment