Saturday, October 16, 2021

Slappy Anniversary!


How could I forget that October 16th (a date I said LITERALLY thousands of times in publicity) is the day 'Goosebumps' was released into the world!
I was SO green to movie-making, and probably asked TOO MANY questions along the way, but I'm (still) incredibly grateful for everyone's patience and support.
It's a weird time to look back on because even though it was a happy time in my life, it also ties to some of my worst moments because of who I was dating... BUT I don't want to dwell on that, I want to talk some highlights of where I got to go because of this wonderful project:
Like San Diego, where I got to walk the floor of Comic Con with Jack Black, and Slappy was revealed to the world at an unbelievable panel!
Or New York City where I had a very brief cameo on Neil Patrick Harris' LIVE 'Best Time Ever'; filmed at Kaufman Astoria Studios (where they shoot Sesame Street!), and where I was assigned Carol Spinney's dressing room, a door down from The B-52s
And LA, where I got to play at YouTube Space, and Slappy got to rap in a music video with JB & Nerdist AND (my personal favorite) a wonderful video with vSauce3!
And of course the HOURS I got to spend on the Sony lot, doing some first-of-its-kind publicity, mere feet away from where 'The Wizard of Oz' was filmed (and having our trailer's TV debut alongside Muppets on ABC was also kind of mind-blowing!)
I hope this doesn't come across as too braggy, but even now I don't want to take a second of these wonderful experiences for granted.
Thanks, Slappy.

No comments:

Post a Comment