Monday, July 18, 2022

Baymax! Review


Between 'Obi Wan' and 'Ms. Marvel', this one snuck up on me, so I'm more than a little behind in watching...

Even though I haven't watched much of Disney Channel's 'Big Hero 6' series, I expected this to be something similar:
A 2-D episodic with no REAL over-arching story, as Baymax stumbles his way into helping a collection of one-off characters we'd never see again.

To be fair, I would have watched it either way; but I was happy to be proven wrong with a beautiful, film-quality, 3-D animated story revisiting San Fransokyo and Disney's most universally adored character since Stitch.

Scott Adsit, Maya Rudolph, and Ryan Potter return to voice their characters from the film, along with a handful of new friends that more than make up for the absence of two-thirds of the Big Hero 6 (where are they anyway?)...

There were several things that surprised me in this series, things that I haven't seen a SINGLE angry blog post about (maybe the internet tired itself out with 'Turning Red' and 'Lightyear'?)
No spoilers here, but kudos to Disney for not dialing back after previous "controversies" earlier this year.

With six 12-minute episodes, it's a quick watch, and worth your time.
I am more than satisfied with my care.

More soon!
Avery

No comments:

Post a Comment