Thursday, September 8, 2022

Cars: On the Road Review!


'Cars: On the Road' is one of many new releases for Disney+ Day, celebrating the 3rd anniversary of the streaming service.
I'll have more to say on other releases in the near future, but let's start small:

The show has a fairly simple set-up, Mater (Larry the Cable Guy) and Lightning McQueen (a returning Owen Wilson) leave Radiator Springs to travel crosscountry to attend Mater's sister's (?!?) wedding. Hilarity ensues; and we get some sweet moments between the two besties in all of Carburetor County.

The 9-episode series, which essentially serves as a truncated Cars 4, is full of fun new characters, beautiful animation, but did sometimes feel rushed. In the end I found myself wanting either a few more episodes or for the episodes to be a BIT longer...

I'm always happy to revisit Radiator Springs, and, while I thoroughly enjoyed the series, I was left with questions about the complex workings of the Cars Universe:
What does a car's soul look like?
Who's driving?
And how can a car have a ghost?
Or how cars could have evolved from the dinosaurs but have also evolved in the styles and manufacturing of our world?

Dadgum, I probably shouldn't think too hard about it...

More soon,
Avery

No comments:

Post a Comment