Tuesday, November 28, 2017

A Tale of Two Grinches


This very special Christmas show is one of the many things that has had me swamped for the last month or so.
Sorry about that.

Every year, to kick off the Christmas season, the city of Phenix City (that's a strange sentence if you look at it too long...) puts on a variety show of sorts for the community at the Phenix City Amphitheater, a quaint little venue on the Chattahoochee River that only holds about 1000 people.

It's a pretty big deal, even Santa shows up!

I was lucky enough to be a part of  last year's show "Christmas Chaos on the Chattahoochee", as both a co-writer of the script and a performer with my buddy Sam Beman, who's been appearing as the Grinch locally for more than 10 years! 

And we're back at it again this year, with an all-new show, "A Tale of Two Grinches".
I'm pumped to work with some of the wonderful cast from last year! Kristin Barker is reprising her role as Mrs. Claus, and Donterrius Ruff, who I've worked with for years on Sam's TV series "Light Talk", is joining me as Bubba the Elf (who, if you ask me, is probably up to something...)

 Sam will also be wearing a brand-new Grinch costume made by Audrey (ya know, my awesome girlfriend?)
I also helped a little.

I'll be reprising two roles I originated in last year's show Skippy, the Grinch's right-hand man (well, Elf), and Max the Dog, who can talk now... don't ask.
I'll also be belting out "Let it Go" as Olaf (alongside my favorite gal as Elsa, and in a custom-made gown, no less)!
But my favorite addition to this year's show is Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reinder himself, a puppet I built just for this production who has quickly become one of my favorite new characters.


We've been in rehearsals for a few weeks now and we've laughed ourselves silly, let's just hope the audience finds us as funny as we do...

If you're a local come kick off Christmas with us with "Night of Lights" THIS THURSDAY NIGHT (Nov. 30th, 2017) at the Phenix City Amphitheater @ 7:00 PM EST.
Lots of fun in store with Elite Dance Academy, FREE Hot Chocolate, Fireworks, Comedy, and Santa Claus!
Plus, it's FREE!


More soon (...I Hope),
Avery

No comments:

Post a Comment