Sunday, December 24, 2017

Puppets! Puppets! Puppets!

The last 30 days have been a creative blur! I do recall a few nervous breakdowns, but that's all hearsay at this point.

Every year, around the Holidays, I get a spike in orders for custom builds. I'm always surprised and never prepared... you'd think I'd learn. 

Here's a little of what I've been up to lately:


These four were an INSANE rush order, I haven't touched my Avenue Q puppets since Springer Opera House's production closed in May, but when I was contacted to recreate this group for an Israeli production of the show who's original puppet builder ran off with their deposit Audrey and I turned these guys around in just over a long, long week.  


Nothing like a monster for Christmas! 
I shipped out this big green lug (based on one of my Monster Mash designs) to a very special little girl in Australia


Lots of International shipping this year, like this unlikely duo, who also shipped below the equator, to a pair of very enthusiastic Goosebumps fans in New Zealand


This one was interesting. I built this guy for a client based on a store-bought puppet. 
I have a love/hate relationship with the puppets created by this brand (who shall remain nameless, but you know who they are...) I made quite a few tweaks here and there while TRYING to stay faithful to the original's design, flaws and all! 
And he's already at home in the U.K.! 


And, finally, this one... this HUGE order has been on the table for quite a while. 
I made extensive drawings and revisions at the request of the client, and built these guys to the specs of those original pieces of artwork.


I've finally wrapped up this order, so I'm officially off for Christmas! 
Only a few more builds to go before the end of the year!

I hope 2018 is this productive, I also hope I can get a nap.

More soon! 
Avery

No comments:

Post a Comment