Saturday, October 7, 2017

Trick-or-Treat for UNICEF!

Over the last few weeks I was lucky enough to reunite with an old friend...  


Immediately after filming my Alien Abduction Talk Show sketch I received an email from some of the good people of Sony looking to see if I (well, Slappy) was interested in being part of an ad campaign with Trick or Treat for UNICEF.

Pretty simple stuff, record some voice-over that an editor will cut to pre-existing video I shot in LA with Slappy on green screen two years ago for Blu-Ray commercials and some other online content.

Of course I was in, I would NEVER turn down Slappy... too scared of what he'd do to me...
Plus, they had initially contacted Jack Black for the gig, and he sent them my way, so I definitely couldn't say no!

I got another call the following day and was told that they were having some trouble with the old footage. Being the pessimist I am, I assumed that meant they would find another option and this was a courtesy call to let me down easy...  But, rather than doing that, they asked if it would be easier to shoot something original WITH the puppet...

So... Slappy was shipped over-night from LA TO MY HOUSE! 
Of course I kept his trunk locked at night... I've read the books...

I filmed my 3 ads and a handful of other things for UNICEF's website the next day in about 2 hours at a local television studio, and Google Drive-ed the raw footage to the offices in NYC.

Just under two weeks later I packed Slappy back into his case and shipped him back out to LA, and here we are... The whole thing is a bit of a blur, I'm still trying to convince myself it really happened... although, I am still trying to convince myself the movie happened, too...

As usual, I've got a Vlog about the whole thing on the way very soon, so keep an eye out! 


More soon,
Avery

No comments:

Post a Comment